“Be a Neighbor – Feed a Neighbor”
Welcome to the Algonquin Lake in the Hills Interfaith Food Pantry. Here is a list of things that you will need to know:
1. If you are a new client, please register with the Northern Illinois Food Bank via this link. NOTE: If you cannot access this link, we will have paper applications at the food
pantry that can be filled out.
2. During your initial visit to the food pantry you will need to provide proof of residency within the boundaries of the Village of Algonquin or the Village of Lake in the Hills is required. State identification card, a current piece of mail or utility bill showing the recipient name and address are acceptable forms of verification of residency.
3. You may come only twice each month, on whichever days best suit your schedule. Our hours are Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30 AM until noon and the 1st and 3rd
Saturday from 9:30 AM until 11:30 AM. If you have questions, please feel free to call us during our business hours, at (847) 854-1904.
4. We are not a government agency. We are run by volunteers from the Algonquin and Lake in the Hills community, area churches and service organizations. We are all volunteers. Much of our food is donated. We thank God for the continued support of this ministry and pray that He will watch over all of our clients and workers.
5. We are closed major holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
6. In times of inclement or severe weather, the pantry will close based on CUSD#300 emergency closing announcements.